Some owners find that drapes and blinds alone simply don’t satisfy all their requirements as far as window coverings are concerned. If you feel that your windows could so with a little extra special treatment or you have certain needs that are not satisfied with drapes and shades alone, shutters might be the solution that you are seeking. For those who have never considered them before or who may be wondering exactly what they have to offer, the points below should answer most if not all of your questions. If this is not the case, the team at Solar Window Fashions will of course be more than happy to fill in any gaps that remain.
6 Reasons Why People Buy Shutters for Their Homes
Among the many reasons that homeowners decide to buy and install these window treatments in their home, the following 6 are those that we hear most often.
1. Security – If they are well made, from high quality materials, they can provide an extra barrier that will persuade potential intruders to move on to easier targets. Whilst it is unlikely that ordinary wooden varieties will prove particularly difficult to break, there are two properties that can make them a very effective barrier. Firstly, when closed it is impossible for opportunist burglars to see if there is anything worth stealing. Secondly, the act of breaking large, wooden slats will generate a fair amount of noise that is likely to attract the attention of neighbours and other passers-by.
2. Complete Privacy – There are few better ways to ensure complete privacy for street-facing rooms in broad daylight than well fitted shutters that are tightly closed. Certain types of shades offer a similar amount of privacy but if you want to make absolutely sure that you are not being observed from afar, shades may not be good enough on their own for your purposes.
3. Style – For homeowners who are trying to create a particular look, perhaps imitating the traditional décor in the beautiful colonial homes that can still be found in the Caribbean, this type of window treatment is ideal.
4. Insulation – Bespoke shutters, made to fit your windows perfectly, offer an extra layer of insulation that can help to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
5. Enhanced Light Control – Whether used on their own or in combination with shades, they provide an extra level of control over the amount of light that is allowed to penetrate your home.
6. Durability – Internal vinyl shutters are an excellent choice for young children’s rooms, where regular shades may be subject to more abuse than they are designed to withstand. The fact that they are waterproof means that any unfortunate accidents with drinks will also cause no lasting damage.
We have a great range in standard sizes and we also offer a bespoke service for customers who prefer products that are made especially for their home. Please call or email us at your convenience for further details.